Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Unboxing the Samsung NB30 - video

The Samsung NB30 may have all the usual netbook specs including a 10.1 inch, 1024 x 600 pixel display, 1.66GHz Intel Atom N450 processor, 1GB of RAM, 250GB hard drive, and Windows 7 Starter Edition. But this netbook has a few features that make it a bit more durable than a typical netbook, including a free fall sensor that helps protect the hard drive in the event of a fall. The case also features a scratch-resistant design, and the keyboard is spill-resistant.

Samsung sent me a demo unit to review for a few weeks, and you can check out my unboxing and first look video after the break. (Sorry about the poor video quality, the sun was shining so brightly that I had a hard time seeing the LCD on the camera and didn't notice the window shade cord in front of the camera).

At first glance, the keyboard looks virtually identical to the one of the Samsung N210 I reviewed recently. While it features decent sized keys, I have to say, I found typing on that netbook to be slightly less comfortable than on other 10 inch netbooks — although that's probably a matter of taste.

I do really like the overall design of the Samsung NB30 though, which manages to come across as both semi-rugged, and still rather attractive.

Post from: Liliputing

Unboxing the Samsung NB30 – video