Thursday, April 15, 2010

My First Impression on the iPad - It Will Not Replace Netbooks

Just received my Apple iPad yesterday and like many others who bought Apple's magical device I was more than impressed by its sleek form factor, cool apps, magnificent interface and other more features.

Yes, I believe Steve Jobs, that the Apple iPad is indeed a magical device but not an affordable device. Well, that applies to me since I'm living outside the U.S. and had to import it, subjecting myself to huge Duties and Taxes as assessed by our country's local Customs Bureau.

Well, but what done is done. I've got my iPad and I'm loving every minute of using it.

But wait, before you start accusing me of  treachery against our beloved netbooks, please don't. For all its magical features, I simply think that the iPad is a wonderful "electronic toy." Not a productivity device, although you can use it for word processing, calendar, email, presentations and spreadsheets. But to do all those things require extra effort that you won't normally do if you use a regular netbook.

Yes, I agree to those people who kept on saying that the iPad will not replace nor kill the netbook. It might kill the Amazon Kindle and other e-book readers but not the netbook. The Apple iPad is not a portable, personal computing machine – it's a content consumption tool.


Link to post: My First Impression on the iPad – It Will Not Replace Netbooks - from: Eee PC - Blog | No comments | © Admarket, 2010.