Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fedora 14 Linux distro now available

Before Ubuntu started grabbing all the headlines, Fedora Linux was one of the most popular community-supported open source Linux distros around. But just because Ubuntu has been in the limelight for the past fe wyears doesn't mean that Fedora has gone anywhere. In fact, the group has just released Fedora 14.

The update includes MeeGo technology for an improved expeirence on netbooks and other devices with small screens, as well as a number of other changes including improved remote desktop features, faster image loading and saving, support for more programming languages, and a preview of new virtualization technology.

Fedora was the first Linux distribution I ever tried, and I think I probably still have a LiveCD floating around somewhere with Fedora 6 on it. Honestly, at this point, I think I could get by with any operating system with a decent web browser (although I really wish QuickBooks would run properly under WINE). But I haven't really tested Fedora in a few years.

What's your favorite Linux distro or other operating system for desktops or mobile computers?

Fedora 14 Linux distro now available is a post from: Liliputing