Saturday, July 17, 2010

Well, that's one way to improve your netbook's WiFi reception

I've never had much trouble getting my netbooks, laptops, and other mobile devices to connect to my home WiFi network… or a neighbor's network for that matter. But what if you're ahem, trying to connect to an unprotected WiFi network down the block. While I don't think that's what EeeUser Forum member wakrein was necessarily going for with his WiFi mod, he I think he could probably pull it off.

Basically, wakrein modified his Asus Eee PC netbook so that he could plug in an external antenna. And then he found a directional antenna that's nearly as big as the one I have on my rooftop, threw it on a camera tripod, and now he can pick up WiFi signals from 100 yards away.

via GadgetMix

Well, that's one way to improve your netbook's WiFi reception is a post from: Liliputing